- 1 mango
- ½ avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 325g plum tomatoes
- A few sprigs of coriander
- 1 chicken breast per person
- Prepare the fruit by peeling the mango and avocado. Cube the mango to roughly 1cm sized and slice the avocado thinly. Quarter the plum tomatoes.
- Add the fruit and tomatoes into a large bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lime and a few sprigs of coriander. Leave to one side.
- Add a drop of oil to a skillet and fry your chicken turning over after 5 minutes on a medium heat. Fry until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Cook the rice as per tbe instructions of the packet – usually a ratio of 1 cup rice to 2 cups water.
- Slice the chicken and serve with rice. Garnish the chicken with the mango and avocado salsa.
About the recipe
Spring has sprung so why not start it right with my mango and avocado salsa?
When paired with skillet chicken and a generous helping of rice, this easy salsa strikes the sweetest balance.
It’s perfect for those spring and summer months when you want a quick and refreshing dinner or lunch.
How long can I store the salsa for?
Store mango and avocado salsa in an airtight container in the fridge.
Eat within two days.
How will I know if the chicken is cooked?
You’ll know the chicken is cooked when it’s white all the way through.
You can check this by putting a knife in the middle and taking a peek.
Or pulling the knife out and testing if the knife tip is piping hot.
I prefer the first method as it’s more fool proof and reliable.
What else can I pair the salsa with?
Avocado and mango salsa is very versatile.
However I’d personally pair it with something savoury as the tang of the lime really gives it a kick.
You can spruce up a salad or create a zesty cous cous.
For a vegetarian/vegan option, replace the chicken with falafel.