I love making stir fry for many reasons; it’s quick, easy, versatile, and allows me to eat my 5 a day in one delicious helping! There are so many combinations of sauces, vegetables, and seasonings to try that if I did a recipe for each one it’ll never end! So wy not take this as a base and then chop, change, and experiment your way through some more flavours? Trust me, you will never get bored of this 20 minute dish.
- Egg Noodles (1 nest per person)
- 500g Diced Beef
- Mixed Vegetables
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcester Sauce
- Stir Fry Sauce of choice
- In a wok, fry the diced beef with the Worcester sauce and soy sauce in a drop of oil until cooked through.
- While this is cooking, in a pan of boiling water, par-boil your vegetables. This will take about 10-15 minutes as you still want them a tad crunchy!
- If you’ve bought egg noodles that have to be boiled then add your nests to a pan of boiling water. Add a generous amount of soy sauce to the water so it creates a light brown and cook in regards to the cooking instructions. I like to add soy sauce to the water I cook the noodles in to give them some flavour.
- Remove the water from the vegetables and add them to the wok with the cooked meat. Add the packet sauce, stir, and simmer for 2 minutes (I tend to use Hoisin and Garlic, Chow Mein, or Oyster and Spring Onion mixes bought from my local supermarket).
- Add the vegetables and noodles and fully incorporate. Leave to cook for a few minutes until all ingredients are covered in sauce and serve.